Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Working Out has Begun!

I have given myself a good month to heal from surgery and just "get the hang of things" before I jumped into exercising. My surgeon gave me the go ahead, but said he wanted me to avoid anything really straining on my stomach (so no Abs of Steel videos for me I guess!)

So yesterday I hit the gym. I went to Bally's and did the elliptical machine for ten minutes and then did the bike for ten minutes. Then I went back later and did an hour long kickboxing class. It was tough but I made it through the whole thing. I'll admit...it wasn't much fun to watch myself in the giant mirror and see under arm flabbage flying and feeling everything bounce up and down during jumping jacks. Let's just say I will buying some major heavy duty sports bras!

But at the same time...I could see how much smaller I've become just from 23 pounds lost. So despite feeling like I've got a long way to go, I can see the progress I've made and it really motivates me. Tonight I'm going to an hour long resistance training class and then an hour long yoga class.

I won't be able to exercise this much when I go back to work in a few weeks, but I figure I can bust my booty for a few weeks to jump start my exercise routine.

On the day of my surgery I weighed 244, and now I weigh 221. Not too shabby for the first month!

No comments:

Post a Comment